Tuesday 1 April 2008

An Ode To A Woman I've Never Met...

were I to have a choice,
between your life or mine,
I'd pick you,
without a second's thought,
i say this, not from a place of envy, but i mean,
i'd gladly die, for you to be able to fly,

am i a fool?
for investing so much of my soul's currency,
in love. the world's most volatile industry.
a risk i'm willing to take, nevertheless.

a proud man, a condition?
or better yet, life's ills have caused this to come into fruition.
but, whilst my core remains dormant,
you treated my ailment.
pride is here no longer.

this king longs for a princess.
in his queen's image.
but for now, in this time. presently?
my queen and my princess remain faceless.

so alas, i wait.
i know you're there, yet i ask myself,
is the feeling mutual?
one day, hopefully,
now? not yet,
as i recite this ode to a woman i have never met.

No comments: